November 12, 2017

Stranger Things 2

    Hey teach! This week I had to write to a teacher for my blog post, and I began to think “do I know any teachers that enjoy Netflix?” and then I realized my Netflix teacher would be a perfect fit! So I hope you enjoy my blog post this week
    My focus this week has been on none other than Stranger Things 2. While I’ve done a post on Stranger Things previously, Stranger Things 2 is completely different. At this point, I’ve been able to watch through episode 4, at this point Eleven has discovered she has a mother, and Dustin doesn’t want to lose his “pet” Dart. We’ve also been met with the realization that there is a tunnel system below the pumpkin patch, created by someone-or something-from the Upside Down. I wanted to talk a little about some of my predictions, and I thought you might like to read about someone’s predictions, given that you’ve already seen it all. At this point, Hopper is in the tunnels, and Will appears to be possessed by something. I have a feeling Dart will somehow make its way into the tunnels, where a portal to the Upside Down will be. While the tunnels appear to be the Upside Down, as they have all the particles in the air, and it’s dark and spooky, it seems as though Hopper dug straight through a portal, but I think the Demogorgons managed to create their own “buffer zone” like the one at the lab, in which they use to cross over and get around the city without being seen. Will, having the sight, will be able to navigate the tunnels to figure out where the entrances are.
    Also, while I think she’s a good addition to the show, and Sadie Sink plays the character phenomenally, I gotta say, I’m kind of on Mike’s side when it comes to Max. I don’t really like her all that much. She seems like a cool girl, and I think she has brought in a weird dynamic to the group, but I just don’t think she truly belongs with them. I think through the whole experience of the Upside Down, the group became solidified, and they all belonged together. And they shouldn’t spread around the fact that the Upside Down does exist. Max can still be friends with them, and if she truly proved herself she could maybe, possibly be part of the group, but until then, I will always be on Elevens side. Seeing her become jealous of Max truly broke my heart, and got me to be a little bit protective of her. There’s another thing, and I know they did this on purpose, but why did the ONLY time Mike enjoyed Max’s company have to be the exact time Eleven found him. The fact that he couldn’t have just been a little bit more upset with her, or Eleven couldn’t have shown up two minutes before?
    I know how much you’ve enjoyed Stranger Things, so I really hope you’ve been able to take something away from this, or at least be entertained by watching me rant for a while. Thanks for reading through though, see ya in class!

No comments:

Post a Comment