November 13, 2017

Gypsy

Dear Ben,

Gypsy is about Jean, a therapist in New York with a successful practice, loving husband and daughter, it all seems perfect. Jean starts to develop intimate and illicit relationships with the people in her patients' lives and the borders of her professional life and personal fantasies become blurred. Jean descends into a world where reality and the forces of her desires are disastrously at odds, which impacts her life and the lives of those around her. She seems to get involved and just spirals deeper and deeper into her fake life with these new people. I found this very intriguing and am very curious to see where it will go and how the friendships will develop throughout the season. This show is unpredictable but really good for guessing what will happen, it’s the kind of show that keeps you on edge because you never know if you are right or not.

I feel like you normally wouldn’t get into a drama show but this particular show is a bit different. I think the part of this show that would appeal to you is the physiological drama, what’s going on in her head and why she is doing what she is. I know that when you were doing your clinical for nursing school in the mental hospital you found it very interesting. Along with your many experiences being there you seemed to be fascinated with the many disorders and the science behind it. Why people acted and did what they did. This has always been an part of the medical field that you’ve loved so I think you would really enjoy watching a show where not only is the main character a shrink talking to people about their issues, she’s got her own.

I also think that being in the medical field yourself you would enjoy seeing a show that has the main character in the medical field too. You generally like to talk about mistakes and things of that such and would know that a therapist cannot be involved in their patients lives and you’d be curious of what will happen as the rules are broken and the problem progresses more and more. Plus we both know how much you like to get into people’s heads and speculate about their life so this is the perfect chance to do it with someone besides me! And you and I both know Chloe loves some good drama too. I think you’ll both get into it and be guessing what will happen next just like I am.


I really enjoyed this show and definitely think that you would enjoy this show and all of the background and Chloe would probably really enjoy it as well. I think that you two should think about it, give it a try and watch this show, maybe you’ll even want to keep watching more and get hooked.   

1 comment:

  1. I think that this seems like a cool show that I might like to watch but Chloe would definitely like better than I do. I think that you're right and it would be something we could watch together and we might give it a watch sometime.

    ReplyDelete