September 23, 2017

Puss in Boots's blog to Tony Stark

Disclaimer: This week my goal was to write a blog post to a fictional character. I decided to write to Tony Stark (Iron Man). Although Mr. Stark is a billionaire with an intelligent mind, he is very humorous and acts like a child. Therefore, a blog about a cartoon will be suitable for him.

This week, once again, I am going to write a blog about my favorite cartoon character Puss in Boots. Because I have to write to Tony Stark to impress with him, I think writing about the character which I know the best is a wonderful idea. Music and implicit meaning in the movie are the primary factors which I want to focus on.
Puss in Boots is created based on the Matadors, a bullfighter in Spain, so the movie will carry the spirit of the "toreo" country – Spain. Throughout the movie, the sound of the guitar plays a role as a main theme of the movie. Mentioned to Spain, we right away remember the guitar played in every street by the people. The guitar is related to a romantic matador who can easily conquer a heart of a beautiful girl only by singing a song with the guitar. Furthermore, a lonely matador or a lonely singer also accompany with the classical guitar. Therefore, with the guitar as the main theme for the movie, the audience can understand that Puss is a lonely fighter and acts like a single matador who always seeks for adventures, helps people, and conquers the pretty girls' heart. Following this scene is an exciting and astonishing guitar sound. However, guitar is a flexible instrument. It can play a dramatic music as well as romantic music. Therefore, in the sad, deep and emotional scene, the filmmakers replace a thrilling sound effect by a romantic theme, so the theme will lead the viewers in the deep mood after exciting feeling.
Moreover, in the deadly and silent scene, a magnetic sound is raised. By using this music, the audience will figure out that this setting will be scary and breathtaking. Then suddenly, a noisy sound interrupts a quiet environment which definitely makes the audience surprise.

Among every cartoon I have seen, The Adventure of Puss in Boots contains lessons in every episode. In this third episode of season one, the most important lesson which I realize is even when you work alone, you still need friends around to help you. In the movie, Puss is a lonely fighter who always fights bad guys and rescue the town all by himself. Therefore in this episode, when Toby – his pig friend wants to help, he immediately rejects it. However, at the end, Puss finds out that although his friend is very clumsy, he always tries to help. Furthermore, Puss calls himself a cold heart and iron spirit, he still confesses to himself that he misses his clumsy and annoying friend when he is missing. Therefore, another implicit meaning is even when you are a cold spirit, your heart still contains warm part.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite you being a cat, and myself being a man in a suit of armor, I have to say we both share the quality of speaking smoothly and persuasively; however, I don't cough up hair balls. I wanted to ask though, how's it going being friends with Shrek and Donkey? Do they every get annoying? Let me tell you, trying to manage the Avengers along with keeping Captain America in line is a job and a half and don't even get me started on Spider-Boy over here trying to play superhero by himself. I swear, I give that kid and inch and he'll take a mile.

    Your's Truly

    Iron Man

    ReplyDelete