April 27, 2018

For Sharon



In this blog post I am writing to my grandma. I know that you really enjoy HGTV and all of the really amazing houses. I found a show on Netflix called The World’s Most Extraordinary Homes. It follows an architect and a housing designer as they travel the world to see the world's coolest houses. They give their opinions on how it was made and then talk to the owners about the process and the struggles of the construction of the home. Seeing the house in this show I think that it is inspiring me to do the most that I can do with my life so that I can create and build my dream house. Architecture has definitely gone through my mind as a career. I know that it is something that my dad had tried out and did not get to see to the end, so it would be pretty cool if I could do it. It would definitely be a challenge, but the reward would be awesome.

Along with this inspiration I am getting a better appreciation on what it takes to be a high class architect. This show has shown me that it is not all about walls and a roof, it is all about how you feel in the space, and how the house is constructed in the landscape that it is built in. I have found a new respect for architecture as an art form and not at just a building. The only oddity about this show is that the British hosts and making me want to use words like “majestic” and “fantastic.”



I hope that after reading this blog that you will see that I really have big aspirations for my future and that I want to make everyone home proud. It would be really big for me to be the first one in the family with a college degree. Maybe even start my own business and provide for my family late into my life, and, if I am lucky, leave a good chunk of money when I am gone. I hope this finds its way to you and that you are proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment