September 16, 2017

Bloodline

      I was searching through Netflix shows trying to see which show I was going to watch next and came across Bloodline. I checked the ratings and they were extremely high so I figured, why not?
      The show began with the narrator John speaking about his brother. He sounded really stressed about something, as if his brother were in trouble or created trouble for him and his family. John then continues to say "I had a feeling that something terrible was going to happen and there was nothing I could do to stop it, that's how I felt when my brother Danny came home." So it does sound like he's in trouble, right?
      Throughout the show, Danny stuck out like a sore thumb. He was clearly the member of that family that felt like he didn't belong and his family didn't do much to make sure he didn't feel that way, except his brother John, at first. John tried to reach out to Danny since he left from with his family, I assume something went wrong to make Danny leave in the first place. I haven't gotten that far yet but I'm sure it had to deal with how he is treated by his family.
      Danny's mom was having a get together and they wanted him to attend but after John waited for him to come to the bus stop, he didn't show. Until the family started a game and he made a surprise visit. His mom was ecstatic, however his other brother, Kevin, made him feel as if he shouldn't have shown. John wanted to bring a guest but Kevin complained about how his guest isn't family, although his other siblings were bringing their significant others, he couldn't bring one guest. Kevin was ashamed of him and didn't embrace him not even once. The love wasn't there and I could understand why Danny wanted to leave every chance he had.
      Not only did his siblings not really care for him, but whenever the screen was on him, it was dark. The colors were dim, gloomy, as if it showed how his family really felt about him. The love from his mom and sister seemed sincere but it seemed as if his family didn't want John around.
      The show fooled me as well. The producers made it appear as if the love John had for Danny was sincere but throughout the show, there's flashbacks with Danny and John. John was dragging Danny through the water, John claimed he was trying to him Danny, himself, and everyone else but I'm not so sure about that. I won't spoil the show just in case you decide to watch it but what John did was unquestionably wrong and I hope authority figures find out.
      I thought this show was different from what I usually watch but the ending made me think twice about that. It just might be added onto my "must watch" list because after finishing the first episode, I want to see how the series end. Maybe you'll like it too and we can talk about how Danny's family doesn't love him like they claim they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment