March 27, 2018

Not Your Typical Diet Show

Dear children,

No matter how many times you ask, no, I am not going to let you watch horror shows while you're still young. My mother didn't let me and don't think anything is going to change just because I'm in charge now. You may be asking why I'm bringing this up, and it's because I recently started binge watching the Netflix Original show Santa Clarita Diet. Now you may be thinking what  horror shows have to do with some cooking show but boy would you be wrong.

Santa Clarita Diet is a comedy-horror tv show, and while it does have comedy aspects I do believe the horror aspects are a little much for what you should be viewing at your age. Overall, the show is about Joel and Shiela Hammond who are married real estate agents in Santa Clarita, California. Sheila ends up becoming a zombie who craves human flesh. The family spends the show trying to accomadate for what Sheila needs (human meat).

Now hear me out, kiddos, as cool as it may sound, this show is NOT for your eyes! The horror aspects within the show are too much to handle (I had to turn away a few times). For starters, in the beginning of the show she is throwing up yellow stuff. Yeah you heard me. Vomit. And not just regular throw up that you get when you're sick. This stuff was all over the walls and the floor, and she even threw up an organ. Now you may have heard me at one point say "I feel like I coughed my lung up". It's kind of like that but not really. Just don't watch the show.

If you're still intrigued in watching Santa Clarita Diet how do you feel about your fingers, huh? If you want to keep them maybe you shouldn't watch it. Sheila eats fingers... and humans... and you're a human. It wasn't just like a "oh she's eating fingers *camera moves away* oh I can't see anything but I know she's still eating fingers" it was a straight on you could see everything. The same thing goes for when she eats anyone or anything and the fact that you know it's a human makes it a lot worse.

In the end, I really just don't think this is a show you should watch. If you want to get scared maybe watch Goosebumps (even though scared me as a kid) or Scooby Doo (don't get me started on The Creeper). Now, if you desperately want to watch the show at least watch it during the day and not right before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment