February 25, 2018

Something Different

Hey Mom,
I watched a Netflix Original this week for my blog post to you. It’s called Girlboss. It’s about a twenty-something young girl that gets fired from her job, which seems to be a habit of hers, and she is trying to get her life together. She had an epiphany one day that she knew she was meant to have more of a purpose in life than just to work and grow old. She ends up doing an online resale shop on eBay. She seems to love it as she is able to express herself with the resale of the clothes she finds in second-hand stores and “recycles,” as one could say.
The show is set in 2006 in San Francisco. I like shows that are set around the 2000s, like 2000 to 2010. With the colors that the show has, it definitely puts you in the mindset of the 2000s, if you know what I mean. I don’t really know how else to say it. They are bright, vivid colors, from the clothes you see on screen to the colors in Sophia’s apartment. (Sophia is the main character.) Her apartment is a typical apartment for a young girl on her own just trying to pay rent and live a little. It’s usually messy and dark. She seems to never have the lights on, which is also something that helps to give away her age to me. Honestly, this show makes me think of 13 Going On 30. I barely remember 13 Going On 30, but the colors in it make me think of this show, Girlboss. I know I watched 13 Going On 30 when I was younger, but don’t remember much of the plot. I did a little research and 13 Going On 30 and found that it was set in 2004, so these movies’ plots are only two years apart, which is why they probably remind me of each other.
I know your favorite shows are crime shows like Law & Order: SVU and Chicago PD, but that seems to be the only kind of shows I watch too, therefore I chose to watch this show that we wouldn’t typically watch. I hope you enjoyed reading this and maybe we can watch this show together.
-Morgan

1 comment:

  1. Yes I think I would watch this show. Thank you for telling me about it, Morgan. And I do remember you and your friends watching 13 Going On 30 when you guys were younger.

    ReplyDelete