October 15, 2017

Hulu Over Netflix This Time: Rick and Morty

Yes this may be the class called Netflix and Quill, but would it hurt to have Hulu in the mix once in a while? What I am saying is yes, I did watch Hulu. Why? Well this is because Netflix does not have every show that I would want to watch. This means that everything I want is not on Netflix so I have to search other places for shows or movies that may interest me. Not only this but, I recently bought a Hulu account so i think it would be good to see whats good in Hulu.

The show that I began watching is Rick and Morty. I will not be only talking about one episode becuase I was so interested that I began to binge alittle and watched a whole season but I had to catch myself because I had assignments to do such as this one that I am typing right now. With that in mind, picture this: a cynical genius, mad, alcoholic scientist who gets his laughs and kicks by dangerously traveling through different dimesnsions and alternate realities with his grandchildren.


Now for the main stuff. Here is a quote from the Pilot episode of Rick and Morty and it goes "Listen to me, Morty. I know that new situations can be intimidating. You're looking around and it's all scary and different , but you know, meeting them head on, charging right into them like a bull... that's how we grow as people." As I heard this in my room I thought "WOW!" I almost thought the show was speaking to me. It kindof applies to me because I have a problem with caring what others think about me so it kindof hit at home. I have to psuh through , speak when I have the opportunity to, and bulldoze my way through my trials and tribulations.

The next episode that struck home again in Rick and Morty is the "Rixty Minutes" episode. In this episode, Rick and Morty goes to another dimesion because the previous one they traveled to, they saw themselves dead after a life of never-loving, not caring, and not caring about their families. So Rick and Morty decide to go to another diminesion in order to help their families in another universe. when they meet their brothers the quote goes "So you're not my brother?" said Morty's alternate brother. "I'm better than your brother. I'm a version of your brother you can trust when he says, 'don't run.' This episode taught me to not only not take others for granted but also care for one another and not let others down for selfish desires. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment