October 29, 2017

Future Wife

Alright babe, I'm going to let you know right now. I am a goofball. I'll get on your nerves, make you wonder why you ever married me in the first, and wonder what you're still doing with me. But once our lips touch and I hold you in my arms as you slowly fall asleep, as you are serenaded by the song we were listening to when we first locked lips when we were younger, you'll remember why you love me oh so much. You'll remember why you still get those butterflies every time we share a kiss under the stars.

I hope you like lots of R&B because I grew up on that. With two older sisters who loved R&B it simply rubbed off on me so get ready for lots of Maxwell, Mariah Carey, alittle bit of Ray J, and a hint of early 2000s Chris Brown. Kind of relaxes me when I listen to that when I finish a hard workout. I know you will enjoy it too. When we are driving down I-95 at around 9pm  in my hometown Miami, and I throw on some "Maxwell- This woman's work" and you're about to fall asleep to the sound of his hypnotizing vocals but then forget to give me a kiss before to enter your deep sleep, so you clumsily lean over and kiss me on my cheek before you tell me you love me. Those are the moments we live for and enjoy so much.

For some reason lots of my friends' parents don't like me. I do not know why but its been that way my whole life so I'm going to assume that your dad really doesn't like. Please stop him from nagging me about not taking care of you enough. People tell me daily that I take care of others before myself way too much so I know I'm going to spoiling you. Your dad may not see that so let him know that I'm trying.

I do not know about you but if we ever have kids, I'm shooting for a boy. I'm fine with having a girl too but have you seen how the girls are acting these days? Especially at college parties, I can only imagine what my daughter would be doing in college. If my daughter ends up on DoItForState I'll probably faint. Plus my boy would do alot of daddy stuff with me such as use him as a wrestling dummy or go hunting with me, lots of manly stuff.

But one thing that I ask from you is to not let myself down and do not let me run away from love. I'm telling you this because I am afraid to love. Everyone I loved and held on to are either gone out of my life or passed away and it hurt me alot. It hurt so much that I push people away because I am afraid of love and that love leaving me again. I'm also afraid of letting people love me because I do not want to hurt them because I know how it feels and don't want that on anyone. So if I slowly edge away from you as we sleep, or I pull away from our kiss too early, or catch myself struggling to say I love you, let me know that its okay to love and that we won't lose what we have. I know it seems weak of me but behind every strong man is a stronger woman.


No comments:

Post a Comment