September 24, 2017

Pablo, From Your Biggest Fan

Hi Pablo! I'm, like, your biggest fan and I'm so glad that you're reading my blog post right now! I just got finished watching the first episode of your show Narcos and I have to say that I'm absolutely amazed by your performance! I've watched a lot of Netflix shows and I would have to say your show is by far one of the best!

The whole episode was filled with power moves from you and your comrades and the way the voice over built up the backstory of your life just absolutely made me fall in love with the show! In the beginning of the episode I was having trouble making connections between all the scenes, but the way the directors decide to introduce you into the store just made it that more interesting. The overall feel though was kinda weird, though. Why did you let Steve Murphy tell the story? I can understand someone else getting to tell your story, but why is it a DEA agent telling your story and how did he get all of the delicate information about your drug trades? So far I feel like I've gotten an inkling of what your life is like, but I can't quite piece together little things like these. I can appreciate letting someone else tell your story, but I tend to question your choice of narrator.

That considered, I think you did a good job acting yourself (I'm not sure if that was you in the documentary, but the portrayal was great). I have to say that I could really feel the power you wield. When you intimidated those men on the bride I could feel it. Whenever you would planning or scheming I could tell that you (as a character and as a person) is going to be something more than a simple Colombian drug smuggler. Though I don't think there is a ton of information given out in the first episode of the series I think it did a pretty good job of setting the scene for anything that might come after you began smuggling drugs from Medellin to the United States.

I look forward to seeing more of the show and to get a better idea of your importance to Colombian history.

-Your Biggest Fan

No comments:

Post a Comment