September 24, 2017

From Cartel to Crime-fighting (Blaine reply)

Dear Daredevil,
  My name is Pablo Escobar and I am one of the worlds biggest drug lords of history. Setting that aside, let us talk about yourself. I have read the comics, and i have played the games. Let's be honest, you are a crime-fighter that no drug lord wants to cross ever in their life. My question is why haven't you ever come to Columbia. There are tons of drugs here, plenty of people being killed, and plenty of families being destroyed. Is it because you are afraid of what people might do to you? No, that can not be it. You are a renowned crime-fighter who has endured countless wars. That is why I am angry with you, I almost despise you and hate you. You are Daredevil, and you can easily put a stop to all of the  madness.
   What madness you may ask? The madness that is the drug industry. As a kid I would always read your comics, hoping to become just like you as I grew up. Not only this but I hoped that possibly you would come to my town and stop the crime that oppressed my family. But you never came through, and you never showed. I grew up around cartel members so I did not have choice but to become one. These members ran our schools, our hospitals, even the workplace and politics. There was no way out, but I thought you would have been the way.
   I will always and truly admire you Daredevil, but I have lost all respect for you. You say you are a crime-fighter yet you have never showed up to Columbia where even the USA is combating our activity. I do not think you should call yourself a crime-fighter because true crime-fighters do not select certain crimes to stop. Once they hear a single sniff of illegal activity, they are on their way to halt any further deviance of the law. Therefore I have made sure all of the children in Medellin, Columbia, my hometown, do not ever get a hold of your comics. And it is not because I am evil, it is to save them from the false hope that is the Daredevil. I never want them to think Daredevil is coming to save them from the horrific tragedies that await because the daredevil won't actually save them.
   Thank you for the comics, and games, and movies daredevil. I know you can't do everything by yourself but Columbia really needed the  help, so much that the US attempted to bring aid to our country. With much hate and disrespect. Yours truly.
                                                              -Pablo Escobar

2 comments:

  1. Great crossover. I never would think that Pablo Escobar would ever somehow interact with a renowned Marvel character such as Daredevil. I can see the connection. As a kid I would read tons of comics and I am not surprised that those famous comics somehow reached Columbia. I would also think that if i were in trouble, my favorite super hero would come save me, only to be saved by my parents haha. So i can understand Pablo's anger when he goes on about Daredevil not helping his community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pablo,

    I understand what you are feeling and the struggles that your country is enduring, but I have to strongly disagree with your methods. You say you are trying to help the people of Medellin, but all you are accomplishing is bringing more pain and destruction to your city. I've seen what drugs do to New York and I can tell you first hand that you may think the Cartels are the way, but you yourself are the way to save Medellin and Colombia. You have the power now to take action into your own hands. You cannot always expect a hero to save the day. You yourself have to learn to be the hero and do what is just and right and not expect others to hold your hand.

    As for keeping my comics out of Medellin I have one thing to say: if you take the hope away from children then how will you ever save Medellin? The children have to believe that they can make this world a better place since you apparently have forsaken advancement. The children should see me, an ordinary man with no powers, trying to save my city so they can shape themselves in my image instead of yours to help bring justice to the criminal organizations that are corrupting Colombia.

    I sincerely hope you can reconsider your path,

    -Daredevil

    ReplyDelete