February 11, 2018

A Date With Jerry and Will


Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee
is a Netflix Original where Jerry Seinfeld picks various comedians up and talks about anything and everything while driving around in a super stylish vehicle. In this particular episode, “Will Ferrell: Mr. Ferrell, For the Last Time, We’re Going To Ask You To Put The Cigar Out”, Jerry Seinfeld takes Will Ferrell adventuring in California in a blue 1970 Plymouth Road Runner Superbird. All I can say about the car is it was five feet off the ground and was blue.

After Jerry talked on the phone with Will for a while he went and picked him up in none other than a park. They sat and swinged for a few minutes before they hit the road in the Road Runner Superbird. In the car, Jerry and Will have numerous laid back conversations. Will explains that although he stars in numerous movies, he does not frequently watch other popular movies. Jerry thought this was odd and rambled off numerous movie titles to which Will responded ‘no’ every time. This fun banter went on for a while before the ended up at a cafe for coffee.

While dining at the cafe, Will and Jerry talk about anything and everything from losing weight to Will’s first audition tape. Will talks about how he goes to the gym and ends up gaining weight and Jerry gets a kick out of it. He then shifts the conversation to his first audition tape which was only him imitating a cat playing with toys in a dead silent room. Jerry goes on to talk about how he’s always wanted to give someone a gift of a cat in a box; a perfect present if you ask me. While at the table Will talks about his feline behavior knowledge and gives examples for Jerry. Their conversations are very fun and light-hearted and go on for a while. After coffee, they order Baklava and talk about Greece for a while. They made various jokes about Greece’s economy and made connections to the cafe they were in.

As the episode draws to a close they head back to the car to finalize their adventure. They have a short conversation about Will’s new movie and how Will won’t attend focus groups for any of his movies. Acting like someone in a focus group, Jerry gives the interview with Will a 0/10, while Will rounds it up to a 1/10.

Although Jerry only have Will a 0/10, I would give it a solid 10/10. I was entertained throughout the whole episode and I was laughing at almost everything that was being said. In the end, I will probably end up watching more episodes of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, hoping they will be 10/10 as well.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This sounds like an excellent show to watch. I love comedies. I also love anything Will Ferrel does. He is an amazing actor who is just as funny in real life. I also love to see how comedians act in real life. I would love to meet a comedian one day and show them how funny I am. I am the funniest person I know so I think that the comedian would definitely take me under his wing. I would also love this show because I like cool cars like my Seabring. It's a total chick magnet. Anyways, thanks for suggestion I am definitely going to watch it.

    Your friend, Micheal Scott

    ReplyDelete