December 13, 2017

Royal friendship

My Dearest Elizabeth,
First, I want to offer my humblest of apologies for your loss. As a close family friend, it was incredibly heartbreaking. I just can’t believe he is gone. How come your coronation has yet to be announced? I was appalled at the cabinet for not letting your family stay in your own house. I know how much it burdened your husband and I was very happy to hear that he is doing better since he started flying. There is really nothing quite like it in the world. Will he get his license soon? I was also very happy to see the news that Churchill finally decided to stop burying his head in sand. However, it is very unfortunate that the death of one of his favorite secretaries was what it took. Maybe, we will see more of the Churchill we know from now on and maybe he’ll think twice of concerning himself with your husband’s happiness in the future as well. You may think it naive but I am still hopeful. All the news aside, How are you, darling? I cannot even begin to imagine the storm and the stress that must weigh your mind. I’ll be sure to visit you soon. It will probably be refreshing to talk to someone other than family that you can be yourself around. I’ve always greatly cherished our ability to simply be in the presence of each other and I’ve missed it so. You becoming Queen doesn’t change our history so I will continue to treat you as I always have unless you say otherwise. How are the children adjusting to life in the palace? I know Philip has done a great deal of caring for them since your father’s passing. How old are they now? How is your mother, darling? I apologize for my enthusiasm it is simply that we haven’t spoken in a long while. Andres and I are doing well here in Ireland and we are expecting soon. I cannot even begin to explain to you how excited I am, My Dear Elizabeth. I don’t think I’ve ever had the pleasure of being so happy, it really is magnificent. I simply cannot wait to see you hopefully we can spend some time together. I’m sure you are extremely busy perhaps you can send me a date I could come for your convenience. I wouldn’t want to burden you when you simply don’t have the time to entertain guests. Andres and I were hoping you would be the godmother to our child but if you cannot it is alright we completely understand. I cannot even imagine the pressure you must be under every day. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to ease your workload. I am unsure of how much assistance I can be to you but if there is ever anything you know you can call on me.
Yours Forevermore,

 Princess Elaine of Ireland

No comments:

Post a Comment