November 30, 2017

Godless

Dear Dad,
                At your request I reluctantly decided to watch the show Godless and was quite surprised to find out I kind of liked it. Godless is about the criminal Frank Griffin and his gang of outlaws are out to get revenge on Roy Goode , a son-like figure to Frank who betrayed the brotherhood. While on the run, Roy seeks refuge with widow Alice Fletcher, her son and the boy’s grandmother, an outcast herself on their farm outside of an isolated town. When word reaches the town that Frank is headed their way, the town bands together to defend against the murderous gang in the lawless west.

                I know that you have always had a love for westerns, especially the old ones so that was why I was unsure if I would like this show or not. I feel like the older westerns seem to miss some of the newer shows posses, you normally know exactly what’s going to happen so that is why I kind of get bored with them. Because of this I have not really watched a lot of new westerns, so I was a little surprised my liking it so much. I do not think that it is a show I would normally sit down and watch but it is definitely one that I would not mind watching with you while we are home. I definitely think it is better than the older shows and am intrigued by it and Kind of curious what will happen in the next show because this one was left on a cliffhanger. I also think I was more entertained by this show because of the visuals, instead of hearing about the massacre in the beginning it shows you where it happened and what all took place. It gets you more involved and invested into the show right off the bat and makes you want to know why someone would do that.


                I also think that instead of sneaking away to your buddy’s house to watch it using his Netflix that you and mom should get Netflix. I think that this is a show she may enjoy as well and you two could watch it together. I think that even though there wasn’t the romance aspect she normally likes that it will eventually come around it the show and she will enjoy it. Overall I think it was a pretty good show that anyone that enjoys westerns would really enjoy to watch. Maybe we can watch some more over Christmas break and see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you enjoyed watching the show and would want to watch it with me. But while I love your mother this show is the perfect excuse for me to get out of the house. it is a pretty new show and you know how I love my old westerns but this one is pretty good too, and its also convenient how on Netflix you can watch them in order.

    ReplyDelete